mercredi 1 avril 2015

ETAPE/STEP 3 / 1

Prêt (e)s pour le départ
en route pour une nouvelle destination

Ready for a new trip

Mademoiselle Bécassine s'en retourne chez elle, elle vous invite à partir avec elle,
Mademoiselle Bécassine is going back home, come with her




Beaj vat


Pas de poisson d'avril...


The map, we are leaving Calvados  (14)
to join....


14 commentaires:

  1. Wonderful back on the hunt....
    So I come up with....the town Brest.... Which is in the Finistere dept 29, the furthest west dept....... Where they produce the Finistere lace....it's beautiful.... The ladies costumes and headwear are really stunning.
    The bagpipes I think relates a street in Falkirk Scotland called Finistere ave!
    Hope this is right? It's a lot of fun!!!
    Smiles :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. How early, Bécassine only got her ticket! You're already driving the locomotive! It's not Brest but I must say that it's not so far. Hugs

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Finistère, Brittany!
    Bécassine - I recognised the cartoon but couldn't think why til I googled the name!!! She comes from Brittany; the flag is the coat of arms of Brittany
    I think Jacquie was on the right track with the bag pipes :)
    Land's End made me also think of John o' Groats...
    Hugs xx

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I can hear bag pipes, cornemuse, bombards and drums playing Breton music for you but you have to guess a town name. Maps on the table. Hugs xxx

      Supprimer
  4. I have poked at the flag.....it's represents Brittany, dept 29....I have looked at a town called Pont Aven which is known to be Brittany's most attractive dresses and hats. It has deep history first with painters then with milling in the area.
    This one is slightly tricky!!
    Look more at the clues!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Great progress, you're on the good shore and closer. Bisous.

      Supprimer
  5. A new destination......I think we're headed for Quimper. Beautiful illustration!!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Beautiful gothic style cathedrale but not the good town. Bisous

      Supprimer
    2. I've been reading further and now look to Pointe du Raz as our destination.

      Supprimer
    3. Pointe du Raz is a wonderful spot we use to call last place before America. You'll have to return near Quimper you were closer. xxx

      Supprimer
  6. I have stopped off at Quimper, (breton name for Bagad kemper) the capital of Finistere (where mademoiselle Becassine is from) in Brittany (flag)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Right place for a cider bowl and a pancake but not our final destination. Bisous

      Supprimer
  7. Going to have a look at the costumes and bonnets at The museum Bigouden in Pont l' Abbe.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. oh! I love this lady!
    so I first checked her name, Bécassine, and found out she’s a comic character - actually the first female featured in a comic strip as main character. girl power! ;)
    browsing her Wikipedia page I read she’s a Breton housemaid, possibly from Finistère. finis terrae is literally the “end of earth”, another confirmation of this being the right department is in your written clue.
    then I looked up “Bagad Kemper” on the guy’s bag, and found out it’s a Breton pipe band that uses the Breton name of the town Quimper; the flag he's holding is Bretagne's so again, another hint that I'm in the right spot.
    my guess is Pont l’Abbé because of the “P.. l’..” written on Bécassine’s ticket, the only city I've found that has P.. l'.. in its name.

    RépondreSupprimer